Tuesday, February 21, 2012

i was internet famous once.

The traditional notion of fame has been challenged and Internet is the culprit.  A new kind of cyber world fame has surfaced that has enabled absolutely anyone that can get their hands on a computer to become public figures. So have a now declared myself a public figure? Is the reason behind this blog to become famous? I have to admit, i kinda do :/ --- there I said it!!


Of course every girl dreams of being an Audrey Hepburn (trust me on this one!), but unfortunately old Hollywood will have to stay in the past.  Nowadays there is a BIG difference between Internet celebrities and tabloid princesses like Paris Hilton and Britney Spears. Traditional celebrity lives are based on how many magazines mention them, how many television shows they are on, how many movies are successful, how many concerts they sell out and how many people talk about them. When will we ever see paparazzi of the cuppy cup cake boy? NEVER. Hollywood celebrities tend to be careful in cultivating their public images and therefore they control the flow of information to the public through PR reps and publicists. Now, the Internet has enabled us to become our own publicists and shape our own image. 
So I welcome you to read my blog, were the only publicist I have is ME! 
And with that I leave you with my all time favorite 15 minute internet star:






No comments:

Post a Comment