Friday, February 24, 2012

Standard Biergarten

If you ever lose me, can not contact me or simply want to see me... just go to the Standard Biergarten on a Saturday or Sunday and odds are I AM THERE. It's basically Oktoberfest all year long, hey who can say "no" to that... exactly.


It's located next to The Standard, and underneath the High Line in the fashionable Meatpacking Dirstrict. The Biergarten features the German classics: sausages, yummy beers, and salty pretzels. However, I do have to warn you, no one here wears drindls. If anything you will find a crowd in designer hand bags and button down shirts. It's a place where starlets and non-starlets alike can frolic around with a beer and ping pong paddles - - yes you heard me right, the beergarden has ping-pong tables where you can challenge your friends to a playful match.


Not a beer fan? Do not worry, the biergarten has you covered with a bar inclusive of all different kinds of liquors. However, my recommendation: when in Rome, do as the Romans do ( or Germans do it this case...)


There are 3 different kinds of German draft beers offered: A wheat beer Licher Weisse, a light dark beer Köstritzer Schwarzbier and the Bitburger pils.


My suggestion: Licher Weisse ($8.00) and a pretzel ($8.00).


And if the afternoon drinking gets you in a mood to party, worry not! Just head on up to 2 of the best clubs in town located within the same hotel: Le Bain and Boom Boom Room.


See you at The Standard Biergarten! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment